Jury Acquits Man Accused Of Stalking Kendall Jenner
A jury acquitted a man accused of stalking Kendall Jenner on Monday.
The 20-year-old model and reality television star spent last week telling a jury about the traumatic ordeal after Shavaughn McKenzie showed up in the driveway of her Hollywood home in August, banging on her car window, asking to speak to her. The panel of seven woman and five men after the seven-day trial did not find McKenzie guilty of stalking the star but did find him guilty of trespassing, according to Page Six. (RELATED: Kendall Jenner Testifies Against Her Alleged Stalker In Court)
In her testimony in front of the jury, Jenner said she has “never been so scared” in her life while recalling the incident. (RELATED: Kendall Jenner, Nipple Piercing, No Bra — That’s Quite A Combination)
“I was crying, I was screaming, I was freaking out” Kendall said. “I didn’t know what his intentions were. I was freaking out. I was frightened for sure.”
“I never got out of my car. I was terrified,” she added. “I was literally traumatized. I started honking at him and I just wanted to make sure I saw wherever he went. He got out of the gate and I drove down the hill.”
“This is not how I want to be living,” she continued. “I really don’t feel safe in my own house. I’m already the kind of person who’s on edge.”
The Deputy City Attorney Alex Perez spoke on Jenner’s behalf in the trial and told jurors that McKenzie had tracked Jenner’s whereabouts for 15 months before he was arrested.
“She doesn’t want to be surrounded by security,” Perez said. “And she certainly doesn’t want to be stalked.”
As another report noted, the trespassing charge was the lesser of the two and McKenzie will most likely only get probation for it.