Ivanka Trump Responds To Boycott Against Her Brand
Ivanka Trump has responded to a boycott against her brand following sexual assault allegations against her dad Donald Trump.
During an interview on “Good Morning America” Thursday, the 34-year-old daughter of the Republican presidential nominee dealt with the hashtag campaign #GrabYourWallet following a question from George Stephanopoulus about how the presidential campaign has affected their businesses, according to the Hollywood Reporter. (RELATED: People Are Boycotting Ivanka Trump’s Fashion Brand Because Of Her Dad)
“The beauty of America is people can do what they like, but I’d prefer to talk to the millions–the tens of millions–of American women who are inspired by the brand and the message that I’ve created,” Trump responded. (RELATED: Ivanka Trump On Those Who Don’t Support Her Father: ‘They’re Scared’)
Coulter said in a Cosmopolitan magazine interview that the boycott is due to the contradiction between the younger Trump’s feminist image while choosing to stand by her father even after his lewd hot mic comments and allegations of sexual harassment.
“[Women] were ready to give Ivanka a pass because she’s his daughter and it’s hard to be objective about your dad,” Coulter said.
“But the Trump tape just sent people over the edge. I think [women] took particular offense, as I did, to the fact that Ivanka tries to make feminism a part of her brand but is standing by, as an official campaign surrogate, a guy who is an alleged serial sexual assaulter of women. The disconnect was too big. And they were ready to speak up about it and flex their consumer power about it.”
However, as previously reported, her Trump line is actually doing quite well.