American Actress Breaks Silence About Dating Prince Harry
Meghan Markle broke her silence about dating Prince Harry after rumors surfaced in October that the two were an item.
On Tuesday in an interview with the Daily Mail, the 35-year-old actress who stars in the legal drama “Suits” admitted she is a “brash American” and opened up about dating the 32-year-old royal. (RELATED: Bush Daughter Tries To Set Up Sister With Prince Harry)
“I was not a girl who grew up buying $100 candles,” Markle said about starting her own fashion line. “I was the girl who ran out of gas on her way to an audition. I’m deeply and passionately involved in the design process.”
“I’m a brash American and if my name is going to be on something, I’m going to have my say.”
In another report Markle said “I am the luckiest girl in the world” upon being asked about the dating rumors.
The two reportedly met at a charity event in Toronto back in May and the prince pursued her, sending her messages, until she agreed to go out with him.
Friends close to the couple say they are the “real deal.” (RELATED: New reality series tricks women into thinking they are dating Prince Harry)
‘They are the real deal,” a friend told the outlet. “He definitely pursued her and besieged her with texts until she agreed to a date. They went out with a group of friends to Soho House in London in early July, followed by two dates by themselves where Harry swept her off her feet. By August it was a serious.”
“He is very full-on but she was going through quite a tough time with her previous boyfriend and she was very flattered,” the friend added. “She couldn’t contain her excitement, but once she got back from London she became very secretive. It was then that it changed from them just ‘seeing each other’ to boyfriend and girlfriend. He’s head over heels and she feels the same.”
“Harry loves her humanitarian work in Africa and the fact she’s an independent, sassy girl, while she’s part of a power clique in Toronto that includes the prime minister and major TV stars so she’s not intimidated by celebrity.”
However, once news broke about their six-month relationship, the royal reportedly canceled a trip to see her.
“The flight was booked last week but he was a no-show,” a source said. “The crew for the British Airways flight knew the Prince was booked to travel with them. It appears he pulled out at the last-minute and decided not to travel.”