Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Arrested At A Bar Hours After Playoff Win

Ford Springer | Entertainment Reporter

Pittsburgh Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter was arrested and charged with multiple offenses after an incident at a bar Sunday night just hours after their playoff win.

Porter was at a bar in South Side Pittsburgh when the security guards called the police because the Pittsburgh coach, who had been asked to leave several times, was being “unruly” and “assaulting the doorman,” the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Assistant coach Joey Porter of the Pittsburgh Steelers looks on during the second quarter against the Buffalo Bills at Heinz Field on August 16, 2014 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

(Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

The police arrived on the scene shortly after 9:30 p.m. and arrested the 39-year-old Porter, at which point he was transported to the Allegheny County Jail and charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.

Porter was released early Monday morning after posting $25,000 in bail. He is set to appear in court on January 19 for his preliminary hearing, the Post-Gazette reports.

An eye-witness that was walking by as the event took place said that Porter repeatedly told a police officer in an argument “I didn’t put my hands on him.” Porter was then handcuffed and “placed in a police vehicle without further incident,” according to the Post-Gazette witness.

Porter is the outside linebackers coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers as well as a former player for the team. Porter was drafted by the Steelers in 1999 and became a three-time Pro Bowl honoree and Super Bowl XL champion during his time with the franchise.

Ike Taylor #24 of the Pittsburgh Steelers talks with assistant coach Joey Porter during warmups prior to the game against the Buffalo Bills at Heinz Field on August 16, 2014 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty Images)

(Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty Images)

Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten issued a statement Sunday night in regards to the incident.

“We are aware of an incident tonight involving Joe Porter. We are still gathering information as it pertains to the situation, and we will have no further comment until we get more details.”

The Steelers defeated the Miami Dolphins 30-12 in the NFL Wild Card round on Sunday afternoon.

Ford Springer

Entertainment Reporter


Celebrate Gisele B√ľndchen's Birthday With Her Best Instagram Photos [SLIDESHOW]
Conor McGregor Is Nearing A Plea Deal. Here's How Much Prison Time He'll Reportedly Serve
This Israeli Model Is Capturing A Lot Of Eyes On The Internet
Chilling Photo Of Anthony Bourdain Just Before His Death Surfaces [PHOTOS]