Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Issue Joint Statement About Divorce Battle
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have agreed to keep the details of their divorce private, they said in a joint statement.
On Monday night, the Hollywood couple released a statement to People magazine that said they will keep a “united front” for the sake of their children and handle their divorce in a private forum, dealing with all remaining details through the use of a private judge. (RELATED: Report: Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Are Getting Divorced)
“The parties and their counsel have signed agreements to preserve the privacy rights of their children and family by keeping all court documents confidential and engaging a private judge to make any necessary legal decisions and to facilitate the expeditious resolution of any remaining issues,” the statement read. (RELATED: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie’s Custody Battle Just Keeps Getting Uglier)
“The parents are committed to act as a united front to effectuate recovery and reunification,” the statement concluded.
For the past several weeks things have gotten ugly between Jolie and Pitt with both making comments disparaging the other in court documents as they deal with the custody of their six children.
Last Friday, the 41-year-old actress accused Pitt of “publicly impugning” her character in court documents, according to the Daily Mail. In the same document the actress said that the 53-year-old actor is “terrified the public will learn the truth” about him.
Last month, Pitt filed court documents, in which he said Jolie had “no self-regulating mechanism” when it comes to keeping private information from going public and protecting their children.