Elton John Cancels Shows After Being Hospitalized With ‘Potentially Deadly’ Bacterial Infection

Katie Jerkovich | Contributor

Elton John has canceled several shows in Las Vegas after having to be hospitalized for a “potentially deadly” bacterial infection, his rep said in a statement Monday.

The rep said that the 70-year-old performer was hospitalized last week in the United Kingdom after he became ill on his flight back from his tour in South America, according to Page Six. He immediately underwent treatment and is home now recovering. (RELATED: Elton John Calls Trump A ‘Barbarian’ While Raising Big Bucks For Hillary)

Though a member of Trump's transition team said Elton John would perform, his publicist later said it was "incorrect." "He will NOT be performing.” (Photo: Getty Images)

Though a member of Trump’s transition team said Elton John would perform, his publicist later said it was “incorrect.” “He will NOT be performing.” (Photo: Getty Images)

“After spending two nights in intensive care followed by an extended stay in the hospital, Elton was released from hospital on Saturday, April 22 and is now comfortably resting at home per doctor’s advice,” the statement read. “Infections of this nature are rare and potentially deadly. Thankfully, Elton’s medical team identified this quickly and treated it successfully.”

On Tuesday, the singer thanked his fans for their support.

“Woke up to an avalanche of well wishes. Thanks to everyone for reaching out. I’m resting well and looking forward to getting back on tour,” John tweeted.

 

The shows canceled include his concerts in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace for April and May, as well as a show next week in Bakersfield, California.

Katie Jerkovich

Contributor

Trending

Is Hailey Clauson A Fan Of Trophy Hunting Mounts? It Certainly Appears That Way
These Are The Greatest Brittney Palmer Photos From The Past Year [SLIDESHOW]
Check Out Abigail Ratchford’s Greatest Photos From 2017 [SLIDESHOW]
Here Are The Smoke Room’s Women Of The Year [SLIDESHOW]