Update: Elton John Feeling ‘Better’ After Contracting ‘Potentially Deadly’ Infection

Katie Jerkovich | Contributor

Elton John is reportedly “feeling so, so much better” after he had contracted a “potentially deadly” bacterial infection during his tour last month in South America.

A representative for the 70-year-old performer said the singer was on the mend after having to be hospitalized three weeks ago in the United Kingdom after he became ill on his flight back home from the tour, according to the New York Post.  (RELATED: Elton John Calls Trump A ‘Barbarian’ While Raising Big Bucks For Hillary)

Though a member of Trump's transition team said Elton John would perform, his publicist later said it was "incorrect." "He will NOT be performing.” (Photo: Getty Images)

 (Photo: Getty Images)

“[He is] feeling so, so much better and looking forward to seeing his fans at next concert dates,” a spokesperson said in a statement to the outlet on Monday.

“Woke up to an avalanche of well wishes. Thanks to everyone for reaching out. I’m resting well and looking forward to getting back on tour,” John tweeted days after he was released from the hospital.

The legendary singer was forced to cancel several shows in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace in April and May, along with one in Bakersfield, California due to the illness.

He is expected to make a full recovery and be back on stage for his next show June 3 in Twickenham, England.

Katie Jerkovich

Contributor

Trending

This Larsa Pippen Swimsuit Photo Is Exactly What You Need On Your Friday
Check Out Josephine Skriver’s Sexiest Photos
Here Are The Smoke Room’s Women Of The Year [SLIDESHOW]
Check Out Ana Cheri’s Sexiest Moments From 2017 [SLIDESHOW]