Ariana Grande Reacts To Deadly Explosion At Her Concert: I Am ‘Broken’
Ariana Grande has reacted to the deadly explosion that took place at the end of her concert in Manchester Monday night that left at least 19 people killed and dozens more injured.
“broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words,” Grande tweeted to her fans.
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017
TMZ reports that a source close to the 23-year-old singer said that Grande is “devastated” that young people who came to her show for a good time Monday night have been injured and killed. (RELATED: Police: 19 Confirmed Dead After Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert In Manchester)
Authorities are currently investigating the explosion just outside of the Manchester Arena as a “terrorist incident.” There had been word that a second explosive device was located and a “controlled explosion” would take place. Police later corrected that report.
Officers carrying out a precautionary controlled explosion in Cathedral Garden confirm that it was abandoned clothing, not a suspicious item
— G M Police (@gmpolice) May 23, 2017
“We were making our way out and when we were right by the door there was a massive explosion and everybody was screaming,” one concertgoer explained. “It was a huge explosion — you could feel it in your chest. It was chaotic. Everybody was running and screaming and just trying to get out.”
At this time, there is no word yet if the 23-year-old pop singer will return to the stage to perform her next concert at the O2 arena in London on Thursday as one source told the outlet, “she’s in no condition to perform.”
Grande was not hurt in the explosion.
Update: The original post was written before Grande reacted to the explosion on Twitter.