‘Bachelor’ Contestant Breaks Silence After Filming Of Show Suspended
Corinne Olympios broke her silence Wednesday confirming she was one of the people involved in the incident that shut down filming on the “Bachelor in Paradise” over “allegations of misconduct.”
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4,” the cast member said in a statement obtained by People magazine. (RELATED: ‘Bachelor’ Host Confirms Filming Of Show Suspended)
“Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” she added. “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality.”
“As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.” she continued.
On Tuesday, “Bachelor” host Chris Harrison confirmed that filming had been suspended and urged fans to “be patient” as the investigation unfolded.
On Sunday, Warner Bros announced that production was stopped over “allegations of misconduct” on the set of the show in Mexico. The incident reportedly revolves around a sexual encounter between two intoxicated fellow cast members.
TMZ has reported that sources told them that cast member Olympios was so wasted hours after she and cast member DeMario Jackson had sex that she was stumbling around the resort and could hardly stand.
Olympios has reportedly said that she was so intoxicated she could not have given consent and puts the blame on producers for not stopping things.