A Second ‘Bachelor’ Contestant Breaks Silence, Says His Character ‘Has Been Assassinated’

Katie Jerkovich | Entertainment Reporter

DeMario Jackson broke his silence Wednesday following suspension of production over “allegations of misconduct.”

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” Jackson told E! News in a statement confirming reports that he was the other person involved in the incident on the set in Mexico.

BACHELOR IN PARADISE - "Episode 203B - The next dramatic rose ceremony continues, on "Bachelor in Paradise," airing MONDAY, AUGUST 17 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on the ABC Television Network. (Photo by Rick Rowell/ABC via Getty Images)

BACHELOR IN PARADISE – “Episode 203B – The next dramatic rose ceremony continues, on “Bachelor in Paradise,” airing MONDAY, AUGUST 17 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on the ABC Television Network. (Photo by Rick Rowell/ABC via Getty Images)

“I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws,” he added.

“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4,” Corinne Olympios said in a statement Wednesday confirming she was the other person at the center of the incident. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality.”

“As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.” she added.

On Tuesday, “Bachelor” host Chris Harrison confirmed that filming had been suspended and urged fans to “be patient” as the investigation unfolded. On Sunday, Warner Bros announced production was halted over “allegations of misconduct” on the set of the show that reportedly revolved around a sexual encounter between two intoxicated cast members.

TMZ has reported that sources told them that Olympios was so wasted hours after she and Jackson had sex that she was stumbling around the resort and could hardly stand.

Olympios has reportedly said that she was so intoxicated she could not have given consent and puts the blame on producers for not stopping things.

Katie Jerkovich

Entertainment Reporter

Trending

UFC Octagon Girl Jhenny Andrade Is A Big Fan Of Showering Outdoors
Check Out Samantha Hoopes’ Greatest Moments On Instagram
Start Your Day With This Awesome Sports Illustrated Model’s Swimsuit Photo
Watch A Hero In A Cowboy Hat Rock An Armed Robber In Mexico